Claybord Cradled 22mm 8x8"
Size Claybord 22mm thickness 8x8x1/8" / 203x203x22mm
MUSEUM SERIES - CLAYBORD
- Ultra-smooth absorbent clay ground
- Accepts more mediums than any other surface
- One of a kind workability with paints and artist tools
Many Fine Art Uses:
- Excellent for use with India, pigmented and alcohol inks
- Also use with egg tempera, acrylics, collage, pencil, pens, airbrush, photo-transfers, casein, watercolour, gouache and mixed media
- Bonds well with adhesives to mount paper and fabrics
Museum Series Claybord is made using 1/8" true artist hardboard and features Ampersand's simply amazing kaolin clay ground formula similar in paintability to the clay gesso grounds used during the Renaissance.
The surface is sanded to an ULTRA-smooth, highly absorbent finish so your paint colours remain true and brilliant. Work the surface by thinly applying paint or ink, then remove it, reapply it, even scratch through it to add contrast, texture and fine details. Claybord is a favourite of both fine and graphic artists.
Only Ampersand builds their cradles by hand with premium grade 13-ply birch plywood for maximum stability and a clean, finished look from edge to edge.
Why Choose Ampersand?
No other panel on the market protects an artist's work like an Ampersand panel. Every Claybord panel is protected by our proprietary Archival-Seal barrier technology, the most advanced formula for sealing wood that prevents support induced discoloration. Only Ampersand uses true high-density hardboard made from US-grown renewable Aspen wood fibers. Claybord is archival, eco-friendly, formaldehyde-free and made by hand in the USA
Quote product reference: C06246